No Youth Group for Christmas Break
We will not have youth group for the next two Wednesday nights (December 21 and December 28) and for the next two Sunday mornings (December 25 and January 1). We hope that you have a great Christmas with your families and we will see you on Wednesday night, January 4!
Intersect Camp- Deadline to Register is January 1!
Join us for Word of Life Intersect Camp this winter! You do not want to miss these 44 hours of fun activities with friends, relevant teaching, and growing deeper in your relationship the Lord!
Dates: February 3-5, 2023
-We will depart from HBC on Friday, February 3 at 9 AM (arrive at 8:30 am for registration) and we will arrive back at HBC on Sunday, February 5 at 10 PM. (Meet in the Senior High Room)
–Students That Received WOL Scholarship for the 2021-2022 Year AND did NOT use it for summer camp last summer: $15 required deposit (covers transportation)
If you earned WOL scholarship, we will apply your reward on our end, so no code is needed.
–Students That Did Not Receive WOL Scholarship OR already used their WOL scholarship for summer camp: $140 (covers camp cost and $15 deposit)
-You can find the packing list HERE.
-Find out more about what we will be doing at Intersect Camp HERE.
– A required WOL health form will be sent out soon, so please fill it out when you receive the email
-If you haven’t already, please fill out the required HBC Medical Form HERE.
The deadline to sign up is January 1.
New Wednesday Night Series in January
- January 4th- “Being Wonderfully Made” (Central Theme: Our physical bodies are gifts, not curses.)
- January 11th- “Physical Presence” (Central Theme: We relate best to one another in physical proximity.)
- January 18th- “Right Identity” (Central Theme: Our bodies aren’t to be worshipped, but they aren’t to be ignored either)
- January 25th- “Broken and Afflicted (Central Theme: The impact of sin on my physical body)
- February 1- “Broken Paths: Part 1 (Central Theme: Focus on what Scripture says about transgenderism and how we converse on that topic)
- February 8- “Broken Paths: Part 2 (Central Theme: Focus on substance intake and why what we put into our body matters)
- February 15- “Broken to Redeem” (Central Theme: How the broken physical body of Jesus redeems ALL of me)
- February 22- “Here and There” (Central Theme: How we love Jesus with our bodies now, with an eye on what’s to come in heaven)