Let's engageLocal Outreach Partners
Park View Community Mission
Park View’s mission is to restore the lives of families and communities by building relationships and providing life-changing resources.
- Volunteer information: https://www.parkviewcommunitymission.org/volunteer
- Phone: (434) 845-8468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food for Families – Supplemental groceries are offered to food-insecure neighbors on a monthly basis at no cost
- Food for Thought – A backpack type of supplemental feeding program that provides food-insecure students with nutritious meals as they leave school on Friday afternoons, to sustain them over the weekend
- Park View Café – Provides a nutritious hot meal at no cost to families and individuals in need every Wednesday night throughout the year (currently take-out due to COVID)
- Community Resource Center – Provides neighbors with personal, one-on-one assistance with the critical issues of daily living such as utility disconnection notices, locating childcare or employment, accessing healthcare or transportation, or finding housing, food, clothing, hygiene, and other basic necessities
- Life Skills Institute – Free classes to help people develop practical skills for living, including how to get and keep a job, use a computer, eat smarter, and keep a healthy home environment
HBC hosts a food drive for Park View every 5th Sunday. Click this link to see more information on our food drives and what items they need most!
Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center
The Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center is dedicated to helping men and women faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Volunteer information: https://brpcfriends.org/volunteer/
- Phone: (434) 528-4321
- Email: email@example.com
Ways to Serve at Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center:
- Help with setting up and tearing down for Fundraising Events
- Client Advocate– meeting with clients in order to identify and meet his/her needs by making referrals and advising in regards to all of his/her options (parenting, adoption, and abortion)
- Mommy & Me Boutique– processing of donated clothing, small baby goods, and preparation of baby shower gifts
- Church Liaison
- Building & Grounds Maintenance
- Cleaning the Center
- Parenting and Life Coaching Classes
- Baby Shower Host
- Bible Study Leader (Post-Abortion & Discipleship)
*Some training may be required
Patrick Henry Family Services
Patrick Henry Family Services supports south-central Virginia’s most vulnerable children and helps create strong, loving families through our interconnected programs.
- Volunteer information: https://patrickhenry.org/get-involved/volunteer/
- Phone: (434) 376-2006
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CarePortal – In every community, there are children and families at a point of crisis, who need help. In those same communities, there are churches and people who care and want to take action. CarePortal is the connection point.
- To join HBC’s CarePortal Responder Team, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
- Safe Families – Provides struggling families with an alternative to foster care where their children will be safe and loved until they get back on their feet.
The mission of Sports Outreach Institute is to recruit, train, equip, and deploy committed Christian leaders in the effective use of sports ministry for the purposes of sharing the gospel and alleviating human suffering.
- Volunteer information: https://www.sportsoutreach.net/get-involved
- Phone: (434) 582-4707
Currently needing volunteers for:
- Summer Multi-Sports Camp – This camp will be hosted at HBC July 18-22 (no session on Wednesday), 6-8 PM. If interested, contact MacKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Agape Center Lynchburg
The Agape Lynchburg Center is a nonprofit that provides food, clothing, furniture and household items to those in need which include families in Central and Southwest Virginia. Now, the Agape Center Lynchburg team partners with churches and volunteers in the local area to provide items for those in need. Donated items are accepted and then provided to those who need help in their building at 3026 Carroll Avenue. Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Volunteer information: https://www.agapelyh.org/volunteer
- Phone: (434) 846-2783
- Email: email@example.com
- Food Pantry – donation intake and serving clients
- Client mentoring – reaching people in need through developing meaningful relationships and changing lives through the power of the Holy Spirit
Other: Clothing, Car loader, front desk, social media, transportation, etc.
Isaiah 117 House
When children are removed from their homes out of concern for their safety, they are usually brought to a child welfare services office to await placement. This wait can be a few hours to several days. These children often have nothing with them and are scared, lonely, hungry, and in dirty clothing. Isaiah 117 provides a comforting home where these children instead can be brought to wait – a place that is safe with friendly and loving volunteers who provide clean clothes, smiles, toys, and snuggly blankets. This space allows children to receive the comfort and care they need while child welfare staff can do the necessary paperwork and identify a good placement.
- Volunteer information: https://isaiah117house.com/virginia
- Program Coordinator: Dana Guenther
- Phone: (423) 518-3760 ext. 631
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative work, construction (general), construction (electrical/plumbing/HVAC), information booth, caring for children, cooking/baking, lawn care/landscaping, organization/supply management, case workers appreciation, event planning/fundraisers, maintenance, prayer team, cleaning/housekeeping, golf outing committee, musical instrument (playing/singing), sign language, grant writing, newsletter design, social media administration
Hope Aglow Ministries commits to being disciples for Christ in the jails and prisons. By offering the Word and Love of Christ to those who are reaching the edge of no hope, we can save lives, families, and the community.
- Volunteer information: https://www.hopeaglow.com/contact-us/
- Phone: (434) 258-5766
- Email: email@example.com
*Unfortunately, this outreach partner is unable to utilize volunteers due to COVID but is accepting donations.
Freedom 4/24 exists to bring freedom and justice to victims and survivors of sexual exploitation and human trafficking.
- Volunteer information: https://www.freedom424.org/volunteer
- Phone: (434) 582-4517
Good News Club
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Beginning in the fall of 2000, Tim has had the privilege of serving the Greater Lynchburg area through the ministry of FCA. He has witnessed the Lord’s faithfulness in this area and continues to seek God’s will for the ministry of FCA in our community.
Tim is blessed by his family, celebrating 27 years of marriage to his wife Christy and cheering on his children, Emily and Conner, as they fulfill their God-given opportunities. He has served in a coaching capacity and lived in Lynchburg for over 30 years. His ministry efforts through FCA are possible because of appreciated donors’ faithful prayer and financial support.
- Volunteer information: https://www.fca.org/get-involved
- Phone: (434) 944-3377
- Area Director: Tim Hill
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huddles – A certified small group bible study/devotion for coaches and athletes
- Camps – A certified ministry event that uses the annual theme and scripture for athletes and coaches to develop athletic skills, create influential relationships and encounter Jesus Christ.
- Coaches – FCA Coaches Ministry is the ministry program to coaches through huddles, events, training and resources.
International Trips – FCA offers a variety of trips with FCA staff and other partner organizations around the globe.