thank you for your
“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
We are grateful for the generous giving of those at Heritage and pray that for years to come we will be a church that lives and gives out of the wellspring of our hearts.
Frequently Asked Questions
how can i give?
There are several ways to give:
- Give online at hbclynchburg.com/give. Once you have an online giving account established you can text to give at 84321
- Give via your bank’s online billpay service. You can have your bank mail the check to Heritage Baptist Church, 219 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
- Give at the designated offering time during our Sunday morning services.
- Mail in your contribution to the church office, or drop it by the office during business hours.
WHERE DOES MY OFFERING ACTUALLY GO?
All financial gifts go into our church budget, which is then allocated to various needs and expenses in the church. These include our church ministries, facilities, missionaries, staff, and much more.
who handles my financial contributions?
Our wonderful counting committee counts the offering every week, and our bookkeeper records contributions for tax purposes. We have a strict confidentiality policy, so your giving is kept extremely secure and private.
IS MY GIVING TAX-DEDUCTIBLE?
Yes, as per IRS guidelines. We’ll send you a contribution statement in January that you may use when filing your taxes
WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY CONTRIBUTION STATEMENT?
You’ll receive your contribution statement in January. All cash or check giving must be postmarked by December 31. Contribution statements are sent out via email and mail.
how do i change my information in the system?
If you have recently moved, changed phone numbers, email addresses, or changed your name you can fill out this form and we will update your information in the system.
when are the special offerings?
Two times a year, we have special offerings to help fund special projects or ministries:
- Easter offering (in March or April)
- Christmas offering (in December).
what if i have other questions?
Please contact Cindy Ketterling, our bookkeeper. You can email her at email@example.com, or call 434.237.6505.