2020 Christmas Offering
2020 has been a season of limitations and restrictions, but the Good News of Jesus will not be limited or restrained! This Christmas, Heritage is dedicating our Christmas Offering to the ongoing efforts of our National Partners around the world. We are sacrificially giving to equip, empower, and engage for the proclamation of the Gospel!
Giving by check
Please make payable to Heritage Baptist Church with “Christmas Offering” in the memo line
Text to Give
Text 84321 with the amount plus “Christmas Offering” (example: 50 Christmas Offering)
- Christmas Offering already received! 1.57% 1.57%
- Goal of 50 Heritage Families signed up to ENGAGE with a Syrian Family! 2% 2%
We are seeking to maximize our Gospel influence among the nations via these three specific efforts.
- Equip 5,000 local believers in disciple-making training!
- In partnership with Dwight and Melissa Poggemiller
In 2019, the Poggemiller’s national partners organized 78 trainings resulting in 4,919 believers being trained, who then shared their faith and saw 2,340 people pray to receive Christ. These trained believers put their disciple-making training in action.
Our supported Global Workers, Dwight and Melissa together with their National Partners, Daniel and Ciprian will carry these equipping trainings forward into 2021 with follow-up through our help with transportation and materials funding.
- Empower local believers to reach an unreached people group!
- In partnership with the G family & their local fellowship fund local believers toward sustainability and Gospel proclamation through an integrated farming effort amidst an unreached people group in South Asia.
- The integrated farming project aims to generate income through banana cultivation and direct market sales for both local believers and unbelievers who have lost their livelihood due to Covid-19, while helping the local church to become self-sustaining.
- Engage with local believers in sharing the love of Jesus with displaced people!
- Our target engagement – 50 Families!
- In partnership with the B family to provide displaced Syrian families with food, schooling, healthcare, and some of their basic family needs for one year.
- Individual Heritage families are invited to join in building relationships with every one of the 50 families through ongoing communication throughout the year. More details on this below.
Sacrificial giving is not just a financial opportunity.
Our target goal to match 50 Heritage families with 50 displaced Syrian families.
Even if you are unable to give financially to the Christmas Offering, you can still give of your time, love, and care! The financial needs of the sponsorships will be covered out of the funds collected in the Christmas Offering.
We want to encourage your family to sign up to be matched with one of the displaced families Heritage plans to sponsor with the Christmas Offering. Your family will be invited to regularly pray for our sponsor families, send them quarterly updates on what is happening with your family, and share their story with your family and friends.
Find out more below.
Our target goal to fund all three efforts in this year’s Christmas Offering is $63,572.
Prayerfully consider how you can sacrificially give to support the ongoing Gospel work among the nations.
There is one reason we give for this offering.
Why we give
To see Christ proclaimed among the nations!
ADOPT A FAMILY
A Family Connection
Individual Heritage families are invited to join in building relationships with every one of the 50 families through ongoing communication throughout the year. The B Family’s organization will facilitate the connection and communication of these families. Heritage families are encouraged to build relationships with these families, sharing family values, questions, love, photos, and Jesus with the Syrian families being served by this effort.
Steps to Engage Families:
- Sign up HERE (Even if you are unable to give financially to the Christmas Offering, you can still give of your time, love, and care! The financial needs of the sponsorships will be covered out of the funds collected in the Christmas Offering.)
- Be trained: Take part in a simple orientation by Heritage pastoral leadership with helpful reminders and tips about healthy communication with Eastern cultures.
- Receive info on your family: You will be sent the names of a sponsor family as well as a photo of them. You will receive as much of their individual story as possible.
- Connect with your family: We want to encourage you to regularly pray for your sponsor family, send them quarterly updates on what is happening with you, and share their story with your family and friends.