Youth Tomorrow Night at 6:45 PM
Tomorrow night, we are continuing our series called “Gospel People,” the short letter of Philemon. Specifically, we will study how the Gospel changed the lives of Paul, Philemon, and Onesimus, which leads to the central point of the whole series, “Gospel cultures are rooted in Gospel doctrine.”
During the lesson tomorrow night, we Paul’s request and admonishment of Philemon that he receive his former slave Onesimus not as a slave but as a brother in Christ. More specifically, we will look at verse 17 and speak on Christian welcoming and hospitality.
Here are some questions to consider tomorrow night:
-What was your first impression of our youth ministry when you came through our doors? How do you think visitors now see our ministry?
-Why do you think we do hospitality teams on Wednesday nights with our small groups?
– What could it look like for your small group to demonstrate hospitality this year (outside of standing at doors on assigned nights to greet people)?
-Do you have any ideas as to how our youth group, our small groups, or even the Youth Pastor can grow in being a more hospitable and welcoming people?
Refinery Cafe- Open Tomorrow!
The Refinery Cafe will be open tomorrow night before youth! Check out our September menu below and make sure to bring cash tomorrow if you would like to purchase something!
- Assorted Soda Floats (Root Beer, Grape, and Orange) ($2)
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies ($1)
- Assorted snacks and candy ($1)
Youth Merch Registration- Deadline September 21!
Youth Merch registration is open! Pre-order your t-shirt, crew neck, or hat before September 21 at the registration link! Check out all the different options below!
- Slate Blue (XS-3 XL)
- Light Blue (XS-3 XL)
- Purple (XS-3 XL)
- Sage (XS- 3 XL)
- Cream (XS- 3 XL)
- Lavender (S- 4 XL)
- Blue (S- 4 XL)
- Cream (S- 4 XL)
- Sandstone (S- 4 XL)
Embroidered Hats: $18
Autumn Extravaganza- Deadline October 4
Jr High and Sr High students, join us on October 7 from 2-9 PM for our Autumn Extravaganza event! We will have lots of fun fall activities, including flag football and a corn maze in the dark! We will also have a fun competition that your small group can participate in!
- After we meet at HBC at 2 PM, we will travel to the Settje’s home for the fall activities.
- After dinner, we will go to Yoder’s Farm for the corn maze.
- We will be back at HBC at 9 PM
- Cost: $15
- We will be serving hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner.
Reverb- November 3-4 (Early-Bird Deadline- Oct 1)
WOL Reverb is an all-night event (in Roanoke again this year) packed with tons of fun late-night activities, including the Jump Park, a Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs hockey game, a rally and pizza party, and teaching from a WOL speaker! Leaders and students are invited to join this fun and action-packed event!
- Dates: November 3-4 (Arrive at HBC at 5:30 PM for registration on Friday night. We will arrive back at HBC Saturday morning at 7:30 AM)
- Early-Bird Cost
- Students: $60
- Students who earned WOL Scholarship last year (2022/2023 year) can go to Reverb for FREE! We will apply their scholarship on our end, so all you will need to do is sign them up!
- Leaders: $40
- Students: $60
- Please fill out the required HBC Medical Form HERE if you haven’t already.
- Additional required medical release forms will be sent out via email when we get closer to the date if any are needed.
- Bring some extra spending money. A pizza dinner will be provided but served later in the evening. Concessions will be available for purchase throughout the night.
The early-bird price for Reverb will end on October 1. After this date, the price will increase for both students and leaders. Register HERE!
WOL Quiet Time Book Registration
One of our core values as a youth ministry is to help students develop their own faith by learning how to prioritize spiritual disciplines. Offering WOL Scholarship is one way that we seek to implement this value. WOL Scholarship provides a measurable way for parents and small group leaders to hold students accountable through tracking these spiritual disciplines throughout the year. The goal is accountability and growth in order to, Lord-willing, establish life-long habits. For a breakdown of each category required for WOL scholarship, please read our updated WOL Scholarship Informational Booklet.
If your student is interested in completing WOL Scholarship this year and would like to purchase a quiet time book, they can purchase it online and it will be available to be picked up each Wednesday night!
Find out more information about the difference between the two quiet time books, see the cost of the books, and purchase your student’s quiet time book HERE!