Youth Tomorrow Night at 6:45 PM
Tomorrow night, we are beginning a new series called “Gospel People,” where we will look through the short letter of Philemon. Specifically, we will study how the Gospel changed the lives of Paul, Philemon, and Onesimus, which leads to the central point of the whole series, “Gospel cultures are rooted in Gospel doctrine.”
During the lesson tomorrow night, we will examine the Gospel and will look at how the Gospel influences Paul’s love for Christ and His church. Here are some questions to consider tomorrow night:
-Where in this letter do you see Paul demonstrating evidences that he follows Jesus?
-Where have you seen the Gospel influence you on a daily basis?
-What will it look like this year for you to decrease that He increase? What could it look like this year for you to decrease that others around you may see Christ more clearly?
Trip Update and Required Parent Meeting Reminder
We are thrilled to have 25 teens signed up for the Israel trip next summer! However, it was and is our hope that we get closer to 40 teens for the trip, to fill out the whole team. That being said, we would like to open this trip to any 9th-grade student who would like to attend.
- If you are interested in applying but have already applied for the Local Mission Trip, please fill out the application again HERE so that we know who is interested in going to Israel. The deadline for 9th-graders to apply to the Israel trip is THIS Thursday.
- There is also a meeting TOMORROW at 5:30 pm in the Refinery to go through logistics for this trip that is required for all Israel applicants and parents to attend. We also encourage any student and their parents to attend if they are on the fence about the trip.
On a final positive note that we are so thankful to see: we have over 75 teens who have applied for Israel or the local trip next year! Let’s praise God together for what we see Him doing in the lives of your teens!
Youth Merch Registration is Open!
Youth Merch registration is open! Pre-order your t-shirt, crew neck, or hat before September 21 at the registration link! Check out all the different options below!
- Slate Blue (XS-3 XL)
- Light Blue (XS-3 XL)
- Purple (XS-3 XL)
- Sage (XS- 3 XL)
- Cream (XS- 3 XL)
- Lavender (S- 4 XL)
- Blue (S- 4 XL)
- Cream (S- 4 XL)
- Sandstone (S- 4 XL)
Embroidered Hats: $18
Autumn Extravaganza (October 7)- Registration is Open!
Jr High and Sr High students, join us on October 7 from 2-9 PM for our Autumn Extravaganza event! We will have lots of fun fall activities, including flag football and a corn maze in the dark! We will also have a fun competition that your small group can participate in!
- After we meet at HBC at 2 PM, we will travel to the Settje’s home for the fall activities.
- After dinner, we will go to Yoder’s Farm for the corn maze.
- We will be back at HBC at 9 PM
- Cost: $15
- We will be serving hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner.
WOL Reverb (November 3-4) // Registration is Open!
WOL Reverb is an all-night event (in Roanoke again this year) packed with tons of fun late-night activities, including the Jump Park, a Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs hockey game, a rally and pizza party, and teaching from a WOL speaker! Leaders and students are invited to join this fun and action-packed event!
- Dates: November 3-4 (Arrive at HBC at 5:30 PM for registration on Friday night. We will arrive back at HBC Saturday morning at 7:30 AM)
- Early-Bird Cost
- Students: $60
- Students who earned WOL Scholarship last year (2022/2023 year) can go to Reverb for FREE! We will apply their scholarship on our end, so all you will need to do is sign them up!
- Leaders: $40
- Students: $60
- Please fill out the required HBC Medical Form HERE if you haven’t already.
- Additional required medical release forms will be sent out via email when we get closer to the date if any are needed.
- Bring some extra spending money. A pizza dinner will be provided but served later in the evening. Concessions will be available for purchase throughout the night.
The early-bird price for Reverb will end on October 1. After this date, the price will increase for both students and leaders. Register HERE!
WOL Quiet Time Book Registration is Open!
One of our core values as a youth ministry is to help students develop their own faith by learning how to prioritize spiritual disciplines. Offering WOL Scholarship is one way that we seek to implement this value. WOL Scholarship provides a measurable way for parents and small group leaders to hold students accountable through tracking these spiritual disciplines throughout the year. The goal is accountability and growth in order to, Lord-willing, establish life-long habits. For a breakdown of each category required for WOL scholarship, please read our updated WOL Scholarship Informational Booklet.
If your student is interested in completing WOL Scholarship this year and would like to purchase a quiet time book, they can purchase it online and it will be available to be picked up each Wednesday night!
Find out more information about the difference between the two quiet time books, see the cost of the books, and purchase your student’s quiet time book HERE!