Youth Tomorrow Night // 6:45 PM in the Sr High Room
Tomorrow night, Pastor Mike Crump will be stepping in and finishing our “Abba” series, looking specifically at the heavenly Father’s role in discipline as He shapes and molds His children into the likeness of His Son. Pastor Mike will be teaching from Hebrews 12:5-11, answering questions like: “What is discipline?”, “Why is it necessary?”, “What is the difference between wrath and discipline?”, and “What Can We Learn in Discipline?“
Is discipline a word we run from or run to? Why or why not?
Where has discipline been helpful in your life? (From God, a parent, or even self-discipline)
What lessons have you learned in corrective discipline? What heartaches do you think you’ve avoided because of good discipline? (Recognizing the good discipline has as the end goal the well-being of the one disciplined)
The Refinery Café will be open TOMORROW!
We are so excited for the Refinery Café to be open tomorrow night before youth! Check out our October menu below and make sure to bring cash tomorrow if you would like to purchase something!
- Homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins ($1)
- Chocolate Chip Frappe ($2)
- Orange Julius ($2)
- Assorted snacks and candy ($1)
Christmas Party Save the Date- December 2
Save the date for the Youth Christmas Party on December 2 from 7-10 PM! More information to come and registration will open soon!
Reverb (Nov 4-5)- Deadline to Register is October 30 (TWO spots left!)
WOL Reverb is an all-night event (in Roanoke this year) packed with tons of fun late-night activities, including the Jump Park, a Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs hockey game, a rally and pizza party, and teaching from a WOL speaker! Leaders and students are invited to join this fun and action-packed event!
- Dates: November 4-5 (Arrive at HBC at 5:30 PM for registration on Friday night. We will arrive back at HBC Saturday morning at 7:30 AM)
- Standard Cost
- Students: $65
- Students who earned WOL Scholarship last year (2021/2022 year) can go to Reverb for FREE! We will apply their scholarship on our end, so all you will need to do is sign them up!
- Leaders: $30
- Students: $65
- Please fill out the required HBC Medical Form HERE if you haven’t already.
- Additional required medical release forms will be sent out via email when we get closer to the date.
- Bring some extra spending money. A pizza dinner will be provided but served later in the evening. Concessions will be available for purchase throughout the night.
- UPDATE: The Jump Park we will be going to at Reverb requires a printed waiver form from each leader and each student’s parent by Wednesday, November 2. (If you have multiple students attending Reverb, you can turn in one waiver for your entire family). There are printed waivers at the Student Info Desk on Wednesday nights. Please come by, fill it out, and turn it in by placing it in the basket that is labeled “Completed Form” (which will also be at the info desk.)