Imagine for a moment, that you’re planning a move overseas. You have a job waiting for you, a place to stay, and even some connections on the other side of the globe. Even so, most of the daily tools, supplies, and furnishings that you have acquired over your life must be left behind. You rack your brain trying to think of what is needed, from furniture to transportation, and find yourself overwhelmed with the task at hand.
You know that God has been faithful to lead you this far, yet the cost of traveling and settling into a new culture is daunting.
Now imagine your church family gathering around you, both in prayer and generous financial support, to provide the thousands of dollars needed to make this life-changing move. Their personal investment will allow you and your family to begin engaging people overseas with fewer physical concerns and a deeper love for Christ and His church.
While you may not be facing an international move, several of our Go Group families are facing that very situation. This means that now is the time for Heritage to come alongside these global workers to provide the necessary funds to transition well. Heritage is aiming to deploy at least 3 families this year – and you can be part of their journey!
Outfit & Passage covers:
- Air tickets (passage)
- Transportation (car, motorcycle, or other including taxes, licensing, etc.)
- Housing Setup (basic furnishings)
- Technology outfit
- Support Reserve (to weather currency or support fluctuations on the field)
- Additional Shipping/baggage Costs
- Year 1 & 2 Language/Cultural Studies
Depending on the size of the family outfit & passage can range from $31,500-$65,000+ per family depending on their field.
Giving by check
Please make payable to Heritage Baptist Church with “Easter Offering” in the memo line.
Text to Give
Text 84321 with the amount plus “Easter” (example: 50 Easter Offering)
What is a GO Group?
Go Group is an intensive training season aimed to prepare you for effective life and ministry on the field. It is one thing to go to the field, yet it is another thing to stay on the field. Go Group is set up to prepare you with the necessary character and tools to do exactly that.
- Deeper love and passion for Jesus
- Greater understanding of the world and missions
- Freedom from the bondage of sin
- Gained practical tools for disciple-making, multiplication, and other ministry principles
- Increased knowledge and application of the Scriptures
- Effectiveness in teamwork, communication, and conflict resolution
- Development of healthy personal and team rhythms
- Identified next steps to going to the field
Go Group members, working in conjunction with Heritage leadership, develop a Go Plan whereby vision and action steps to the field are identified and refined. Parts of a Go Plan include vision and calling, personal readiness evaluation, team selection, support structures, field/agency selection, timeline, and preparation priorities.
The ultimate desire for Go Group is that each member would discover their role and next step in God’s Kingdom work, whether that be to go, mobilize, or send. If you are interested in finding out more email email@example.com or join a Disciple-Making Team as a potential first steps towards being part of a Go Group.