Youth Tomorrow Night // 6:45 PM in the Sr High Room
This Wednesday we finish our “Part 2” look at Transgenderism, looking specifically this week in our “Matter Matters” series about what the Bible says about this topic. Last week was framing a worldview outside of the Bible on this weighty and necessary conversation, with this week looking inside the Scriptures themselves to discuss things like: the creation of gender (Genesis 1) and how our genders are necessary for roles to be defined (Genesis 1 and 2). We will also discuss how to speak biblically into these conversations (avoiding stereotypes that don’t esteem males or females, speaking truth in love, and so on), while finishing with why all this conversation around male and female matters (hint: it showcases our Triune God in a unique way, as well as preserves an understanding of Christ’s relationship with us, His bride). Much to discuss…so again, prayers are GREATLY appreciated for clarity and compassion as I teach.
Some questions to include in group time could be:
1. How does the Word of God esteem male and female, both individually and together?
2. How does the Bible’s teaching on gender differ from the world’s framework (last week)?
3. How should we talk about this topic to those who don’t hold to Scripture? How should we who are male and female grow up to be men of God and women of God (and in so doing image bear God to a watching world)?
Trivia Night Registration is Open!
Join us for our second annual churchwide Trivia Nights on February 17 and 24! All proceeds from these two events will go towards this summer’s Youth Mission Trip to Tanzania!
- February 17 and February 24 from 6-9 PM in the HBC International Plaza
- 4-6 people per team (table) – If you don’t have a team you can still sign up individually and you’ll join a team that night!
- Make sure EVERYONE on your team registers!
- Be ready to list your team when you register.
- $13 per person
- If you would like to purchase a main meal for dinner, you must sign up for it and pay when you complete registration. Please see the menu below.
- Concessions and snacks (popcorn, nachos, and dessert) will also be available for purchase on the night of the event. Please bring cash if possible.
- Prizes will be given away to the winners of each round and the grand prize winners!
- Salad meal- Large Salad with Grilled Chicken and Veggies and Drink $10
- Hot Dog Meal- Two All-Beef Hot Dogs, Chips, and a Drink- $5
- Chili Meal- Bowl of Chili, Side of Cornbread, and Drink- $7
February 17 Trivia Night is FULL!!