stay informedHBC & COVID
COVID 19 Update
Due to the widespread COVID infection in the greater Lynchburg region, Heritage will encourage the following on-campus precautions for all worship services and ministry activities in order to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Please take advantage of our online services if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness (CDC Symptom Guidelines).
- Please consider wearing a mask while indoors to help mitigate the spread of the virus (CDC Facecovering Guidelines).
- Please wash your hands frequently and consider other healthy practices (CDC Healthy Practices).
- If you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID, please note these CDC Recommendations for Exposure.
Any decisions regarding COVID are considered with much prayer, seeking godly wisdom, and the seeking of counsel from a variety of sources. Other local entities from Liberty University (https://www.liberty.edu/
The official posture of Heritage towards the COVID pandemic continues in accordance with the following:
- Acknowledge – We acknowledge the realities of the COVID pandemic, but most importantly of God’s sovereign authority over the situation. We therefore will pray and act with these realities in mind.
- Accommodate – We will work to provide a variety of forums where people can still have access to the preaching of the Word, worship, and the community of believers. Options include the regular in-person services, a separate room where masks are required and there is social distancing, and our online services that are live streamed and also made available afterwards.
- Advance – We affirm that the church is critical to the proclamation of Christ and the wellbeing of God’s people. Accordingly, we will strive to advance the mission and the ministries of the church with creativity and intentionality.
If you are volunteering at Heritage, we hope that you find this flow chart as a helpful tool concerning our COVID protocols.